This site links to various external sites for further reference. We especially like to link to:
- Google, because they’re the most popular web search engine (with 90% UK & 90% global market share). Google are also well poised to takeover the PC software industry within a few years.
- And we have a soft spot for the W3C, because they’re responsible for developing the markup language that the web is coded in. Efficient code is crucial for accessibility, which in turn is crucial for search engine optimization; because if search engines don’t know what you’re saying, they can’t give you credit for it.
- Other major resources we link to include Yahoo, the joint-second-biggest web search engine (alongside Microsoft’s Bing). Yahoo provides us with priceless information via their SiteExplorer service.
- Then there’s Who.is &>DomainTools, who provide reliable domain registration reports and further domain analysis.
- And the Wayback Machine, which is useful for looking beyond domain registration dates, to see if a live website existed on a particular date.